Senior Living in 17980 (Tower City, PA)
- 17980 scores the same as the Tower City, PA average of 75.
- 17980 scores the same as the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17980 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Heritage Mill Personal Care Home , Kepler Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation, and Countryside Christian Community.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 33 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 48 golf courses nearby, including Monroe Valley Golf Course, Manada Golf Club, and Blue Mountain View Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Swatara State Park, Twin Grove Park & Campground Koa, and Jonestown KOA.
- There are 41 churches nearby, including Williamstown United Meth Chr, Sacred Heart of Jesus, and Jonestown United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,335, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $51,490, which is in the top 40% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,251, which is in the top 50% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.35%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 17980 has a very sparse population density of 81.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.22%.