Senior Living in 17982 (Tuscarora, PA)
- 17982 scores the same as the Tuscarora, PA average of 83.
- 17982 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17982 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (St Luke\'s Miners Memorial Hospital).
- There are 24 senior living facilities in the area, including Hometown Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, St. Luke\'s MIners Campus, and Edgemont Lodge.
- There are 12 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 78 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 55 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (43% of the total population).
- There are 43 golf courses nearby, including Mahoning Valley Golf, Eighteen Course at White Birch Golf Course, and Maple/Oak Course at Mountain Valley Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Tuscarora State Park and Locust Lake State Park).
- There are 19 churches nearby, including Searing David A, Blessed Teresa of Calcutta, and All Saints Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $40,819, which is in the top 90% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $32,404, which is in the top 87% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,320, which is in the top 80% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.65%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17982 has a very sparse population density of 88.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.56%.