Senior Living in 17985 (Zion Grove, PA)
- 17985 scores the same as the Zion Grove, PA average of 79.
- 17985 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 17985 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including Ridgeview Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, Shenandoah Senior Living Community, and Rosewood Apartments.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 54 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 30 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 35 golf courses nearby, including Mountain Valley Golf Course -Oak/Pine, Arnold\'s Golf Course, and Sugarloaf Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Lake Glory Campground and Locust Lake State Park).
- There are 21 churches nearby, including St John\'s Lutheran Church, Blessed Teresa of Calcutta, and Wesley United Methodist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,788, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,750, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,320, which is in the top 50% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.00%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 17985 has a very sparse population density of 46.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.92%.