Senior Living in 18015 (Bethlehem, PA)
- 18015 has a SeniorScore® of 67, which is the 4th highest of any zip code in Bethlehem, PA.
- 18015 scores lower than the Bethlehem, PA average of 71.
- 18015 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18015 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including St Luke\'s Hospital Bethlehem, Allentown State Hospital, and Lehigh Valley Hospital - Muhlenberg.
- There are 42 senior living facilities in the area, including Saucon Valley Manor, Abbe Hall, and Blough Healthcare.
- There are 21 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 30 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 159 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Grace Course at Saucon Valley Country Club, Woodland Hills Country Club, and Championship Course at Silver Creek Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Elmwood Park and Bicentennial Park).
- There are 114 churches nearby, including Holy Infancy Church, Assumption Bvm Church, and Holy Ghost Rectory.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.75% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.50% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $65,139, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,494, which is in the top 63% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,075, which is in the top 52% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.26%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18015 has a dense population density of 1,546.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.64%.