Senior Living in 18017 (Bethlehem, PA)
- 18017 has a SeniorScore® of 74, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Bethlehem, PA.
- 18017 scores higher than the Bethlehem, PA average of 71.
- 18017 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18017 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Lehigh Valley Hospital - Muhlenberg, Allentown State Hospital, and Coordinated Health Orthopedic Hospital.
- There are 42 senior living facilities in the area, including Sterling Heights Gracious Retirement Living, Traditions of Hanover, and Atria Bethlehem.
- There are 17 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 39 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 172 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Executive Nine Course at Bethlehem Golf Course, Green Pond Country Club, and Willow Brook Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Elmwood Park and Coplay Cement Kilns).
- There are 111 churches nearby, including Calvary Baptist Church, First Baptist Church, and Bolock Carmen G.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.75% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.50% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $79,240, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $64,039, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,577, which is in the top 19% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.64%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18017 has a dense population density of 2,316.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.34%.