Senior Living in 18018 (Bethlehem, PA)
- 18018 has a SeniorScore® of 69, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Bethlehem, PA.
- 18018 scores lower than the Bethlehem, PA average of 71.
- 18018 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18018 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Allentown State Hospital, Lehigh Valley Hospital - Muhlenberg, and St Luke\'s Hospital Bethlehem.
- There are 36 senior living facilities in the area, including Holy Family Villa, Holy Family Manor, and Moravian Kings Daughters Home.
- There are 14 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 113 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 32 golf courses nearby, including Executive Nine Course at Bethlehem Golf Course, Grace Course at Saucon Valley Country Club, and Willow Brook Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Elmwood Park)..
- There are 77 churches nearby, including Trinity Episcopal Church, Calvary Wesleyan Church, and S S Simon & Jude\'s Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.39% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.48% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,960, which is in the top 50% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,531, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,345, which is in the top 39% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.37%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18018 has a dense population density of 6,290.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.52%.