Senior Living in 18020 (Bethlehem, PA)
- 18020 has a SeniorScore® of 75, which is the highest of any zip code in Bethlehem, PA.
- 18020 scores higher than the Bethlehem, PA average of 71.
- 18020 scores the same as the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18020 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Coordinated Health Orthopedic Hospital, Lehigh Valley Hospital - Muhlenberg, and Easton Hospital.
- There are 41 senior living facilities in the area, including Country Meadows Retirement Communities, Country Meadows of Bethlehem Nursing Center, and Alexandria Manor of Bethlehem.
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 43 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 174 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 34 golf courses nearby, including Green Pond Country Club, Northampton Country Club, and Executive Nine Course at Bethlehem Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Elmwood Park)..
- There are 83 churches nearby, including Trinity Lutheran Church, St Mark\'s Lutheran Church, and Sacred Heart Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.75% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.50% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $90,860, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $75,472, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,161, which is in the top 15% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.03%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18020 has an average population density of 1,478.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.26%.