Senior Living in 18030 (Bowmanstown, PA)
- 18030 scores the same as the Bowmanstown, PA average of 77.
- 18030 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18030 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Gnaden Huetten Memorial Hospital and Palmerton Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including The Village at Palmerton, The Summit at Blue Mountain, and Pond View Manor Personal Care Home.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 50 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 21 golf courses nearby, including Mahoning Valley Country Club, Blue Ridge Country Club, and Woodstone Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Lehigh Gap Nature Center and Beltzville State Park).
- There are 23 churches nearby, including Trinity Lutheran Church, Dinkey Mem Ev Lutheran Church, and Holy Trinity Lutheran Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.56% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $56,284, which is in the top 54% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,000, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,953, which is in the top 58% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.95%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18030 has an average population density of 1,387.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.91%.