Senior Living in 18032 (Catasauqua, PA)
- 18032 scores the same as the Catasauqua, PA average of 78.
- 18032 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18032 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 8 hospitals nearby, including Allentown State Hospital, Sacred Heart Hospital, and Lehigh Valley Hospital.
- There are 41 senior living facilities in the area, including Silver Manor, Horizon House, and Weston Senior Living Center at Northampton.
- There are 22 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 41 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 241 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 39 golf courses nearby, including Willow Brook Golf Course, Executive Nine Course at Bethlehem Golf Course, and Iron Lakes Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Coplay Cement Kilns, Bicentennial Park, and Covered Bridge Park.
- There are 162 churches nearby, including St Lawrence\'s Church, Annunciation Catholic Church, and Holy Trinity Memorial Lutheran.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.39% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.48% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $61,529, which is in the top 42% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,349, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,970, which is in the top 36% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.61%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18032 has a dense population density of 4,624.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.24%.