Senior Living in 18034 (Center Valley, PA)
- 18034 scores the same as the Center Valley, PA average of 84.
- 18034 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18034 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 9 hospitals nearby, including St Luke\'s Hospital Bethlehem, Good Shepherd Rehab Hospital, and Lehigh Valley Hospital.
- There are 55 senior living facilities in the area, including Sacred Heart Senior Living, Mount Trexler Manor, and Valley Manor Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 23 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 52 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 278 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 49 golf courses nearby, including Center Valley Club, Locust Valley Golf Club, and Tumblebrook Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Bicentennial Park, Elmwood Park, and Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom.
- There are 171 churches nearby, including Faith United Church of Christ, Friedens Evangelical Luth Chr, and St James Lutheran Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.39% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.48% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $135,960, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $91,935, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $42,856, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.22%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18034 has an average population density of 728.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.93%.