Senior Living in 18042 (Easton, PA)
- 18042 has a SeniorScore® of 62, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Easton, PA.
- 18042 scores significantly lower than the Easton, PA average of 70.
- 18042 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18042 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Easton Hospital and Coordinated Health Orthopedic Hospital).
- There are 28 senior living facilities in the area, including Abington Manor At Morgan Hill, Old Orchard Health Care Center, and Praxis Alzheimer\'s Facility.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 41 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 115 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 35 golf courses nearby, including Club at Morgan Hill, The, Northampton Country Club, and Green Pond Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 47 churches nearby, including Martinez George B, Our Lady of Lebanon Church, and St Joseph Rectory.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.75% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.50% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,216, which is in the top 47% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,702, which is in the top 57% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,804, which is in the top 53% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.06%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18042 has a dense population density of 1,964.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.22%.