Senior Living in 18049 (Emmaus, PA)
- 18049 scores the same as the Emmaus, PA average of 78.
- 18049 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18049 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Good Shepherd Rehab Hospital and Lehigh Valley Hospital).
- There are 34 senior living facilities in the area, including Mount Trexler Manor, Above and Beyond at Mountainview, and Manorcare Health Services-Allentown.
- There are 18 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 97 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 43 golf courses nearby, including Indian Creek Golf Course, Lehigh Country Club, and Center Valley Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom and Bicentennial Park).
- There are 59 churches nearby, including Bethel Bible Fellowship Church, Lehigh Valley Baptist Church, and St Ann\'s Catholic Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.39% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.48% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $79,685, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,321, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,506, which is in the top 18% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.13%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18049 has an average population density of 1,156.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.68%.