Senior Living in 18051 (Fogelsville, PA)
- 18051 scores the same as the Fogelsville, PA average of 81.
- 18051 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18051 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including National Hospital For Kids, Westfield Hospital, and Surgical Specialty Center At Coordinated Health.
- There are 28 senior living facilities in the area, including Cornerstone Living, Mosser Nursing Home, and Luther Crest.
- There are 16 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 97 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 51 golf courses nearby, including Golf Club at Shepherd Hills, The, Par 3 Course at Olde Homestead Golf Club, and Allentown Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Allentown KOA, Trexler Nature Preserve, and Covered Bridge Park.
- There are 66 churches nearby, including Hope Community Church, St John\'s Lutheran Church, and Heiser Elwood L.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.39% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.48% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $115,768, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $84,886, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $42,449, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.25%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18051 has a sparse population density of 397.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.52%.