Senior Living in 18053 (Germansville, PA)
- 18053 scores the same as the Germansville, PA average of 79.
- 18053 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18053 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Gnaden Huetten Memorial Hospital and National Hospital For Kids).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Cornerstone Living, The Village at Palmerton, and Mahoning Valley Nursing and Re.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 52 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 51 golf courses nearby, including Par 3 Course at Olde Homestead Golf Club, Mahoning Valley Country Club, and Blue Ridge Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Allentown KOA, Trexler Nature Preserve, and Lehigh Gap Nature Center.
- There are 38 churches nearby, including Heidelberg Lutheran Church, Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, and Good Shepherd United Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.39% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.48% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $77,193, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $76,493, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,851, which is in the top 23% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.03%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18053 has a sparse population density of 144.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.42%.