Senior Living in 18056 (Hereford, PA)
- 18056 scores the same as the Hereford, PA average of 78.
- 18056 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18056 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 34 senior living facilities in the area, including Penn Assisted Care, Pennsburg Manor, and Still Waters Community.
- There are 12 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 33 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 42 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (38% of the total population).
- There are 68 golf courses nearby, including Butter Valley Golf Port, Sweet Water Golf Course & Driving Range, and Upper Perk Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Men-O-Lan Christian Camp and Retreat Center)..
- There are 49 churches nearby, including Palm Schwenkfelder Church, Zion\'s Evangelical Lutheran, and New Goshenhoppen United Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.66% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,445, which is in the top 59% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,548, which is in the top 47% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,616, which is in the top 30% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,795 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,649 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.11%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18056 has an average population density of 562.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 80.74%.