Senior Living in 18058 (Kunkletown, PA)
- 18058 scores the same as the Kunkletown, PA average of 68.
- 18058 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18058 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Palmerton Hospital).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Brookmont Healthcare Center, The Getz Personal Care Home, and Weston Senior Living Center at Brodheadsville.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 46 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 55 golf courses nearby, including Hideaway Hills Golf Club, Indian Mountain Golf Course, and Blue Ridge Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including The Woods Campground, Beltzville State Park, and Silver Valley Campsite.
- There are 15 churches nearby, including St John\'s Towamensing Lutheran, Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, and Faith Alive United Methodist.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.52% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,456, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $63,361, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,347, which is in the top 35% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.81%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 18058 has a sparse population density of 183.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.67%.