Senior Living in 18067 (Northampton, PA)
- 18067 scores the same as the Northampton, PA average of 79.
- 18067 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18067 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Allentown State Hospital, Lehigh Valley Hospital - Muhlenberg, and Sacred Heart Hospital.
- There are 46 senior living facilities in the area, including Weston Senior Living Center at Northampton, Alexandria Manor of Bath, and Silver Manor.
- There are 22 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 40 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 158 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 41 golf courses nearby, including Willow Brook Golf Course, Whitetail Golf Club, and Southmoore Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Coplay Cement Kilns, Moore Township Recreation Fields, and Covered Bridge Park.
- There are 127 churches nearby, including Blessed Virgin Chr, St John the Baptist Ukranian, and Valleyview Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.75% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.50% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,592, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,630, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,378, which is in the top 27% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.46%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18067 has an average population density of 716.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.57%.