Senior Living in 18069 (Orefield, PA)
- 18069 scores the same as the Orefield, PA average of 81.
- 18069 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18069 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including National Hospital For Kids, Westfield Hospital, and Surgical Specialty Center At Coordinated Health.
- There are 34 senior living facilities in the area, including Luther Crest, Ch Skilled Nursing Facility of Allentown, and Cedarbrook Senior Care and Rehabilitation.
- There are 19 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 35 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 172 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 48 golf courses nearby, including Allentown Municipal Golf Course, Iron Lakes Country Club, and Golf Club at Shepherd Hills, The.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Trexler Nature Preserve, Covered Bridge Park, and Allentown KOA.
- There are 121 churches nearby, including Morgenland Lutheran Church, Jordan Lutheran Church, and Gardener Richard G.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.39% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.48% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $101,238, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $82,047, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $36,157, which is in the top 12% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.07%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18069 has an average population density of 580.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.95%.