Senior Living in 18073 (Pennsburg, PA)
- 18073 scores the same as the Pennsburg, PA average of 73.
- 18073 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18073 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Grand View Hospital).
- There are 33 senior living facilities in the area, including Still Waters Community, Pennsburg Manor, and Penn Assisted Care.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 31 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 98 golf courses nearby, including Sweet Water Golf Course & Driving Range, Upper Perk Golf Course, and Pennsburg Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Men-O-Lan Christian Camp and Retreat Center, Green Lane Park, and Hickory Valley Golf Club.
- There are 52 churches nearby, including St Philip Neri Parish, St Mark\'s Evangelical Lutheran, and Pennsburg United Church-Christ.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.17% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $92,746, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $75,828, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,641, which is in the top 16% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.96%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 18073 has a sparse population density of 488.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.35%.