Senior Living in 18074 (Perkiomenville, PA)
- 18074 scores the same as the Perkiomenville, PA average of 79.
- 18074 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18074 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Pottstown Memorial Med Center).
- There are 32 senior living facilities in the area, including Frederick Living , Oaktree Court, and Arbour Square of Harleysville.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 45 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 101 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 109 golf courses nearby, including Twin Ponds Golf Club, Blue Course at Gilbertsville Golf Club, and Ambassador Course at Hickory Valley Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Green Lane Park, Sunrise Mill, and Hickory Valley Golf Club.
- There are 82 churches nearby, including Frederick Mennonite Church, Fluck William A, and St Paul\'s Lutheran Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.17% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $89,244, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $82,802, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,782, which is in the top 17% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.16%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 18074 has a sparse population density of 305.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.17%.