Senior Living in 18078 (Schnecksville, PA)
- 18078 scores the same as the Schnecksville, PA average of 83.
- 18078 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18078 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including National Hospital For Kids, Westfield Hospital, and Surgical Specialty Center At Coordinated Health.
- There are 28 senior living facilities in the area, including Cornerstone Living, Luther Crest, and Fellowship Manor.
- There are 18 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 36 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 87 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 43 golf courses nearby, including Allentown Municipal Golf Course, Iron Lakes Country Club, and Par 3 Course at Olde Homestead Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Trexler Nature Preserve, Allentown KOA, and Covered Bridge Park.
- There are 64 churches nearby, including Agape New Testament Fellowship, Union Evangelical Lutheran Chr, and Union United Church of Christ.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.39% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.48% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $93,766, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $78,789, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $36,446, which is in the top 12% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.95%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18078 has a sparse population density of 448.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.68%.