Senior Living in 18079 (Slatedale, PA)
- 18079 scores the same as the Slatedale, PA average of 72.
- 18079 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18079 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including The Village at Palmerton, Pond View Manor Personal Care Home, and The Summit at Blue Mountain.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 22 golf courses nearby, including Mahoning Valley Country Club, Par 3 Course at Olde Homestead Golf Club, and Blue Ridge Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Lehigh Gap Nature Center and Trexler Nature Preserve).
- There are 14 churches nearby, including Good Shepherd United Church, Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, and St John\'s Lutheran Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.39% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.48% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $62,935, which is in the top 40% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $74,321, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,967, which is in the top 52% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18079 has a dense population density of 1,847.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.94%.