Senior Living in 18083 (Stockertown, PA)
- 18083 scores the same as the Stockertown, PA average of 77.
- 18083 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18083 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Coordinated Health Orthopedic Hospital and Warren Hospital).
- There are 35 senior living facilities in the area, including Alexandria Manor Senior Living Centers - Nazareth 1, Moravian Hall Square, and Weston Senior Living Center at Sullivan Trail.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 50 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 143 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 53 golf courses nearby, including Riverview Country Club, Sawmill Golf Course, and Northampton Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Jacobsburg State Park and Moore Township Recreation Fields).
- There are 62 churches nearby, including Forks United Church of Christ, St Peter\'s Church of Christ, and Hope Lutheran Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.75% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.50% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,588, which is in the top 59% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $37,321, which is in the top 77% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,363, which is in the top 62% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.07%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18083 has an average population density of 864.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.87%.