Senior Living in 18086 (Treichlers, PA)
- 18086 scores the same as the Treichlers, PA average of 84.
- 18086 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18086 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Palmerton Hospital).
- There are 27 senior living facilities in the area, including Pond View Manor Personal Care Home, Liza\'s House , and Weston Senior Living Center at Northampton.
- There are 13 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 34 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 57 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 41 golf courses nearby, including Woodstone Golf Club, Blue Ridge Country Club, and Willow Brook Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Lehigh Gap Nature Center, Coplay Cement Kilns, and Trexler Nature Preserve.
- There are 62 churches nearby, including Bethany Wesleyan Church, St Paul\'s United Church-Christ, and Hope Lutheran.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.75% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.50% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $74,749, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $77,375, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,796, which is in the top 37% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.07%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18086 has an average population density of 837.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.87%.