Senior Living in 18088 (Walnutport, PA)
- 18088 scores the same as the Walnutport, PA average of 73.
- 18088 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18088 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Palmerton Hospital).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Pond View Manor Personal Care Home, Liza\'s House , and The Village at Palmerton.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 26 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 39 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 35 golf courses nearby, including Blue Ridge Country Club, Woodstone Golf Club, and Whitetail Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Lehigh Gap Nature Center, Coplay Cement Kilns, and Beltzville State Park.
- There are 42 churches nearby, including Harbach Barry G, Christ Ucc Walnutport, and Hope Lutheran.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.75% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.50% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,570, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $58,924, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,246, which is in the top 28% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.34%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18088 has a sparse population density of 431.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.69%.