Senior Living in 18102 (Allentown, PA)
- 18102 has a SeniorScore® of 54, which is the 6th highest of any zip code in Allentown, PA.
- 18102 scores significantly lower than the Allentown, PA average of 70.
- 18102 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18102 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Sacred Heart Hospital and Lehigh Valley Hospital).
- There are 25 senior living facilities in the area, including Montrone Building, Sacred Heart Hospital, and Phoebe Apartments.
- There are 18 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 39 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (17% of the total population).
- There are 24 golf courses nearby, including Lehigh Country Club, Allentown Municipal Golf Course, and Iron Lakes Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Bicentennial Park)..
- There are 28 churches nearby, including Sacred Heart Church Rectory, St Francis\' Church, and St John the Baptist Slovak Chr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.39% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.48% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $35,210, which is in the top 96% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $25,771, which is in the top 95% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $12,629, which is in the top 96% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 19.11%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18102 has a very dense population density of 16,615.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 65.88%.