Senior Living in 18104 (Allentown, PA)
- 18104 has a SeniorScore® of 77, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Allentown, PA.
- 18104 scores higher than the Allentown, PA average of 70.
- 18104 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18104 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including Westfield Hospital, Surgical Specialty Center At Coordinated Health, and National Hospital For Kids.
- There are 36 senior living facilities in the area, including Ch Skilled Nursing Facility of Allentown, Luther Crest, and Above and Beyond.
- There are 21 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 37 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 177 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 42 golf courses nearby, including Allentown Municipal Golf Course, Iron Lakes Country Club, and Golf Club at Shepherd Hills, The.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Covered Bridge Park, Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom, and Bicentennial Park.
- There are 106 churches nearby, including Calvary Baptist Church, First Baptist Church, and Congregation Keneseth Israel.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.39% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.48% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $85,891, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $65,689, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,630, which is in the top 16% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.89%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18104 has a dense population density of 1,871.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.59%.