Senior Living in 18106 (Allentown, PA)
- 18106 has a SeniorScore® of 83, which is the highest of any zip code in Allentown, PA.
- 18106 scores significantly higher than the Allentown, PA average of 70.
- 18106 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18106 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including Westfield Hospital, Surgical Specialty Center At Coordinated Health, and Good Shepherd Rehab Hospital.
- There are 41 senior living facilities in the area, including Arden Courts of Allentown, Cedarbrook Senior Care and Rehabilitation, and Lehigh Center.
- There are 21 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 45 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 209 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 55 golf courses nearby, including Golf Club at Shepherd Hills, The, Allentown Municipal Golf Course, and Iron Lakes Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom, Covered Bridge Park, and Bicentennial Park.
- There are 132 churches nearby, including Trinity Wesleyan Church, Bethany United Methodist Schl, and Faith Evangelical Free Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.39% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.48% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $83,956, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $65,859, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,151, which is in the top 17% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.87%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18106 has an average population density of 835.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.77%.