Senior Living in 18201 (Hazleton, PA)
- 18201 has a SeniorScore® of 62, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Hazleton, PA.
- 18201 scores lower than the Hazleton, PA average of 65.
- 18201 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18201 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Hazleton General Hospital and Hazleton-st Joseph Medical Ctr).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Mountain City Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Corrigan House, and Hazlewood Apartments.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 65 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 17 golf courses nearby, including Eagle Rock Resort, Valley Country Club, and Sugarloaf Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 31 churches nearby, including Abernethy Richard D Rev, Full Gospel Fellowship, and Faith Ucc.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $46,010, which is in the top 80% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $34,843, which is in the top 82% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,572, which is in the top 78% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.08%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18201 has an average population density of 1,277.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.02%.