Senior Living in 18202 (Hazleton, PA)
- 18202 has a SeniorScore® of 68, which is the highest of any zip code in Hazleton, PA.
- 18202 scores higher than the Hazleton, PA average of 65.
- 18202 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18202 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Hazleton General Hospital and Hazleton-st Joseph Medical Ctr).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Hazlewood Apartments, Mountain City Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Corrigan House.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 68 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 23 golf courses nearby, including Eagle Rock Resort, Sand Springs Golf Course, and Edgewood in the Pines.
- There is 1 park nearby (Sandy Valley Campground)..
- There are 38 churches nearby, including St Gabriel\'s Church, St Peter\'s Episcopal Church, and Holy Trinity Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $49,043, which is in the top 73% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $36,693, which is in the top 78% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,656, which is in the top 66% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.15%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18202 has a sparse population density of 369.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.74%.