Senior Living in 18211 (Andreas, PA)
- 18211 scores the same as the Andreas, PA average of 86.
- 18211 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18211 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Gnaden Huetten Memorial Hospital and St Luke\'s Miners Memorial Hospital).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Mahoning Valley Nursing and Re, St. Luke\'s MIners Campus, and Edgemont Lodge.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 39 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 55 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 55 golf courses nearby, including Mahoning Valley Country Club, Par 3 Course at Olde Homestead Golf Club, and Mahoning Valley Golf.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Jim Thorpe Camping Resort, Allentown KOA, and Robin Hill RV Resort & Campground.
- There are 37 churches nearby, including Bensalem United Church, St John\'s Lutheran Church, and St Paul\'s Evangelical Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $69,895, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $66,750, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,959, which is in the top 21% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.50%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18211 has a very sparse population density of 61.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.53%.