Senior Living in 18214 (Barnesville, PA)
- 18214 scores the same as the Barnesville, PA average of 81.
- 18214 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18214 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (St Luke\'s Miners Memorial Hospital).
- There are 24 senior living facilities in the area, including Shenandoah Senior Living Community, Hometown Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Ridgeview Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 13 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 80 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 60 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 38 golf courses nearby, including Maple/Oak Course at Mountain Valley Golf Course, Eighteen Course at White Birch Golf Course, and Mountain Valley Golf Course -Oak/Pine.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Tuscarora State Park and Locust Lake State Park).
- There are 17 churches nearby, including Blessed Teresa of Calcutta, Searing David A, and All Saints Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,793, which is in the top 38% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,865, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,956, which is in the top 41% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.39%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18214 has a very sparse population density of 86.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.77%.