Senior Living in 18216 (Beaver Meadows, PA)
- 18216 scores the same as the Beaver Meadows, PA average of 79.
- 18216 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18216 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Hazleton General Hospital, Hazleton-st Joseph Medical Ctr, and St Luke\'s Miners Memorial Hospital.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in the area, including The Pavilion at St. Luke Village, The Manor at St. Luke Village, and Heritage Hill Senior Community.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 32 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 73 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 29 golf courses nearby, including Eagle Rock Resort, Sand Springs Golf Course, and Edgewood in the Pines.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Sandy Valley Campground, Whitewater Challengers - Lehigh River, and Lehigh Gorge State Park.
- There are 49 churches nearby, including Salem United Church of Christ, Zions Evangelical Lutheran Chr, and Our Lady of Lourdes.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.56% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,358, which is in the top 70% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,313, which is in the top 55% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,229, which is in the top 51% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.95%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18216 has a sparse population density of 206.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.20%.