Senior Living in 18220 (Delano, PA)
- 18220 scores the same as the Delano, PA average of 81.
- 18220 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18220 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (St Luke\'s Miners Memorial Hospital).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Hometown Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Shenandoah Senior Living Community, and St. Luke\'s MIners Campus.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 33 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 20 golf courses nearby, including Maple/Oak Course at Mountain Valley Golf Course, Eighteen Course at White Birch Golf Course, and Mountain Valley Golf Course -Oak/Pine.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Tuscarora State Park and Locust Lake State Park).
- There are 11 churches nearby, including All Saints Church, St Mary\'s Catholic Church, and Blessed Teresa of Calcutta.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $39,475, which is in the top 91% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $31,944, which is in the top 88% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,408, which is in the top 79% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.21%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18220 has a sparse population density of 374.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.88%.