Senior Living in 18221 (Drifton, PA)
- 18221 scores the same as the Drifton, PA average of 82.
- 18221 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18221 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Hazleton General Hospital and Hazleton-st Joseph Medical Ctr).
- There are 18 senior living facilities in the area, including Conyngham Care Center, Hazlewood Apartments, and The Pavilion at St. Luke Village.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 24 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 76 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 34 golf courses nearby, including Sand Springs Golf Course, Edgewood in the Pines, and Eagle Rock Resort.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Sandy Valley Campground, Nescopeck State Park, and Whitewater Challengers - Lehigh River.
- There are 46 churches nearby, including Freeland Roman Catholic Cmnty, St Michael\'s Orthodox Church, and St John\'s Reformed United Chr.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $41,355, which is in the top 89% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $40,089, which is in the top 70% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $15,619, which is in the top 90% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 34.40%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18221 has a sparse population density of 196.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.27%.