Senior Living in 18224 (Freeland, PA)
- 18224 scores the same as the Freeland, PA average of 72.
- 18224 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18224 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Hazleton General Hospital and Hazleton-st Joseph Medical Ctr).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Butler Valley Manor Health and Rehabilitation Center, Conyngham Care Center, and Hazlewood Apartments.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 48 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 30 golf courses nearby, including Sand Springs Golf Course, Edgewood in the Pines, and Blue Ridge Trail Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Sandy Valley Campground, Nescopeck State Park, and Whitewater Challengers - Lehigh River.
- There are 27 churches nearby, including Freeland Roman Catholic Cmnty, St Michael\'s Orthodox Church, and St John\'s Reformed United Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $44,906, which is in the top 83% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $34,328, which is in the top 83% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,259, which is in the top 57% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.05%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18224 has a sparse population density of 377.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.40%.