Senior Living in 18229 (Jim Thorpe, PA)
- 18229 scores the same as the Jim Thorpe, PA average of 71.
- 18229 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18229 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Gnaden Huetten Memorial Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Weatherwood Nursing Home and Rehabilitation Center, Heritage Hill Senior Community, and The Summit at Blue Mountain.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 40 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 39 golf courses nearby, including Mahoning Valley Country Club, Blue Ridge Country Club, and Hideaway Hills Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Lehigh Gorge State Park, Whitewater Challengers - Lehigh River, and The Woods Campground.
- There are 16 churches nearby, including St Joseph\'s Church, St John\'s Lutheran Church, and Sts Mark & John Episcopal Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.56% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $74,716, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $57,853, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,451, which is in the top 27% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.11%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 18229 has a sparse population density of 136.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.17%.