Senior Living in 18230 (Junedale, PA)
- 18230 scores the same as the Junedale, PA average of 78.
- 18230 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18230 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Hazleton General Hospital, Hazleton-st Joseph Medical Ctr, and St Luke\'s Miners Memorial Hospital.
- There are 19 senior living facilities in the area, including The Manor at St. Luke Village, The Pavilion at St. Luke Village, and Mountain City Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 48 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 87 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 37 golf courses nearby, including Eagle Rock Resort, Sand Springs Golf Course, and Edgewood in the Pines.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Sandy Valley Campground, Whitewater Challengers - Lehigh River, and Jim Thorpe Camping Resort.
- There are 50 churches nearby, including Transfiguration Rectory, St Francis of Assisi Church, and Full Gospel Fellowship.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.56% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $48,698, which is in the top 74% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $41,375, which is in the top 66% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,918, which is in the top 59% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18230 has a very sparse population density of 48.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 68.49%.