Senior Living in 18232 (Lansford, PA)
- 18232 scores the same as the Lansford, PA average of 59.
- 18232 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18232 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (St Luke\'s Miners Memorial Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Edgemont Lodge, St. Luke\'s MIners Campus, and Hometown Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 19 golf courses nearby, including Mahoning Valley Golf, Mahoning Valley Country Club, and Eagle Rock Resort.
- There is 1 park nearby (Jim Thorpe Camping Resort)..
- There are 5 churches nearby, including St Ann\'s Rectory, St John Slovak Lutheran Church, and First Presbyterian Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.56% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $39,221, which is in the top 92% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $34,369, which is in the top 83% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,720, which is in the top 83% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 16.96%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18232 has a dense population density of 2,565.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.62%.