Senior Living in 18235 (Lehighton, PA)
- 18235 scores the same as the Lehighton, PA average of 72.
- 18235 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18235 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Gnaden Huetten Memorial Hospital and Palmerton Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including The Summit at Blue Mountain, Mahoning Valley Nursing and Re, and The Village at Palmerton.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 29 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 58 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 46 golf courses nearby, including Mahoning Valley Country Club, Blue Ridge Country Club, and Indian Mountain Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Jim Thorpe Camping Resort, Beltzville State Park, and Lehigh Gap Nature Center.
- There are 36 churches nearby, including Trinity Lutheran Church, St John\'s Lutheran Church, and Sts Mark & John Episcopal Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.56% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $61,679, which is in the top 42% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $51,116, which is in the top 41% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,041, which is in the top 41% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.53%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18235 has a sparse population density of 244.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.48%.