Senior Living in 18240 (Nesquehoning, PA)
- 18240 scores the same as the Nesquehoning, PA average of 78.
- 18240 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18240 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including St Luke\'s Miners Memorial Hospital, Gnaden Huetten Memorial Hospital, and Hazleton General Hospital.
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including Weatherwood Nursing Home and Rehabilitation Center, Heritage Hill Senior Community, and Edgemont Lodge.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 34 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 93 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 34 golf courses nearby, including Mahoning Valley Country Club, Eagle Rock Resort, and Mahoning Valley Golf.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Jim Thorpe Camping Resort, Lehigh Gorge State Park, and Whitewater Challengers - Lehigh River.
- There are 43 churches nearby, including Our Lady Mt Carmel Church, Zions Evangelical Lutheran Chr, and Salem United Church of Christ.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.56% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,692, which is in the top 56% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,491, which is in the top 55% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,732, which is in the top 48% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.23%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18240 has a sparse population density of 132.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.76%.