Senior Living in 18241 (Nuremberg, PA)
- 18241 scores the same as the Nuremberg, PA average of 72.
- 18241 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18241 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in the area, including Shenandoah Senior Living Community, Ridgeview Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, and Rosewood Apartments.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 33 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 32 golf courses nearby, including Arnold\'s Golf Course, Sugarloaf Golf Club, and Valley Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 13 churches nearby, including Wesley United Methodist Church, St Mark\'s Lutheran Church, and St John\'s Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $45,177, which is in the top 82% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $36,696, which is in the top 78% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,275, which is in the top 74% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.77%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18241 has a sparse population density of 275.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 70.50%.