Senior Living in 18242 (Oneida, PA)
- 18242 scores the same as the Oneida, PA average of 79.
- 18242 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18242 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Hazleton General Hospital and Hazleton-st Joseph Medical Ctr).
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including Shenandoah Senior Living Community, Ridgeview Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, and The Laurels Senior Living Community.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 38 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 64 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 30 golf courses nearby, including Valley Country Club, Sugarloaf Golf Club, and Mountain Valley Golf Course -Oak/Pine.
- There is 1 park nearby (Tuscarora State Park)..
- There are 32 churches nearby, including All Saints Church, St Mary\'s Catholic Church, and Conyngham United Methodist Chr.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $38,242, which is in the top 93% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $28,583, which is in the top 93% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,437, which is in the top 84% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.12%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18242 has a sparse population density of 186.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.50%.