Senior Living in 18244 (Parryville, PA)
- 18244 scores the same as the Parryville, PA average of 80.
- 18244 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18244 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Gnaden Huetten Memorial Hospital and Palmerton Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including The Summit at Blue Mountain, The Village at Palmerton, and Mahoning Valley Nursing and Re.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 53 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 35 golf courses nearby, including Mahoning Valley Country Club, Blue Ridge Country Club, and Indian Mountain Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Lehigh Gap Nature Center, Beltzville State Park, and Jim Thorpe Camping Resort.
- There are 27 churches nearby, including Trinity Lutheran Church, Dinkey Mem Ev Lutheran Church, and St Matthew\'s Lutheran Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.56% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $53,327, which is in the top 62% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,276, which is in the top 72% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,093, which is in the top 46% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.67%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18244 has a sparse population density of 421.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.29%.