Senior Living in 18246 (Rock Glen, PA)
- 18246 scores the same as the Rock Glen, PA average of 85.
- 18246 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18246 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Berwick Hospital Center, Hazleton General Hospital, and Hazleton-st Joseph Medical Ctr.
- There are 22 senior living facilities in the area, including Rosewood Apartments, Elmcroft of Berwick, and Berwick Hospital Center.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 53 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 92 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 35 golf courses nearby, including Arnold\'s Golf Course, Valley Country Club, and Sugarloaf Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Moyers Grove Campground and Council Cup Campground).
- There are 51 churches nearby, including Wesley United Methodist Church, St Mark\'s Lutheran Church, and St John\'s Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.02% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.40% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $48,775, which is in the top 74% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $37,969, which is in the top 75% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,991, which is in the top 76% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $102,200 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18246 has a very sparse population density of 67.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.74%.