Senior Living in 18248 (Sheppton, PA)
- 18248 scores the same as the Sheppton, PA average of 84.
- 18248 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18248 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Hazleton General Hospital, Hazleton-st Joseph Medical Ctr, and St Luke\'s Miners Memorial Hospital.
- There are 22 senior living facilities in the area, including Shenandoah Senior Living Community, Ridgeview Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center, and Mountain City Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 63 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 98 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 41 golf courses nearby, including Mountain Valley Golf Course -Oak/Pine, Maple/Oak Course at Mountain Valley Golf Course, and Eighteen Course at White Birch Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Tuscarora State Park, Locust Lake State Park, and Moyers Grove Campground.
- There are 38 churches nearby, including All Saints Church, St Mary\'s Catholic Church, and Blessed Teresa of Calcutta.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,996, which is in the top 55% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,824, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,548, which is in the top 55% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.45%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18248 has a very sparse population density of 43.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.51%.