Senior Living in 18250 (Summit Hill, PA)
- 18250 scores the same as the Summit Hill, PA average of 73.
- 18250 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18250 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (St Luke\'s Miners Memorial Hospital and Gnaden Huetten Memorial Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Edgemont Lodge, St. Luke\'s MIners Campus, and Mahoning Valley Nursing and Re.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 25 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 42 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 30 golf courses nearby, including Mahoning Valley Country Club, Mahoning Valley Golf, and Eagle Rock Resort.
- There is 1 park nearby (Jim Thorpe Camping Resort)..
- There are 20 churches nearby, including First Presbyterian Church, St Paul\'s Lutheran Church, and St John Slovak Lutheran Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.56% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,353, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,539, which is in the top 57% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,857, which is in the top 47% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.55%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18250 has a sparse population density of 349.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.41%.