Senior Living in 18252 (Tamaqua, PA)
- 18252 scores the same as the Tamaqua, PA average of 65.
- 18252 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18252 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (St Luke\'s Miners Memorial Hospital).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Hometown Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, St. Luke\'s MIners Campus, and Edgemont Lodge.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 34 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Mahoning Valley Golf, Eighteen Course at White Birch Golf Course, and Maple/Oak Course at Mountain Valley Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Tuscarora State Park and Locust Lake State Park).
- There are 9 churches nearby, including Searing David A, St Ann\'s Rectory, and St John Slovak Lutheran Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $46,787, which is in the top 79% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $36,716, which is in the top 78% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,547, which is in the top 67% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.15%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 18252 has a sparse population density of 189.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.53%.