Senior Living in 18255 (Weatherly, PA)
- 18255 scores the same as the Weatherly, PA average of 79.
- 18255 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18255 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Hazleton General Hospital, Hazleton-st Joseph Medical Ctr, and St Luke\'s Miners Memorial Hospital.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including Heritage Hill Senior Community, Weatherwood Nursing Home and Rehabilitation Center, and The Pavilion at St. Luke Village.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 40 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 106 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 50 golf courses nearby, including Eagle Rock Resort, Edgewood in the Pines, and Sand Springs Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Whitewater Challengers - Lehigh River, Sandy Valley Campground, and Lehigh Gorge State Park.
- There are 52 churches nearby, including Our Lady of Lourdes, Salem United Church of Christ, and Zions Evangelical Lutheran Chr.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.56% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $56,872, which is in the top 53% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,885, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,886, which is in the top 59% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.26%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 18255 has a very sparse population density of 59.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.62%.