Senior Living in 18322 (Brodheadsville, PA)
- 18322 scores the same as the Brodheadsville, PA average of 68.
- 18322 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 18322 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Weston Senior Living Center at Brodheadsville, Wesley Enhanced Living at Chestnuthill Manor, and Brookmont Healthcare Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 53 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 48 golf courses nearby, including Indian Mountain Golf Course, Hideaway Hills Golf Club, and Cherry Valley Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Silver Valley Campsite)..
- There are 4 churches nearby, including Kees Gail H, Smith J Christoph, and Trinity Lutheran Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.52% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $69,123, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,551, which is in the top 57% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,426, which is in the top 39% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.43%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 18322 has a sparse population density of 402.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.74%.